Published on July 11th, 2022. TRE Altamira is looking for a GIS Analyst to join our Vancouver team and work on InSAR projects around the world as we continue to grow. If you have an advanced degree in GIS or geomatics with experience of project management, coding, geology, remote sensing, mining or oil & gas, then this permanent full-time role might be a fit for you! The work in this role is diverse, interesting, and engaging. It is well-suited for someone with advanced GIS and project management skills.
If you have a background in a geological, geomatics, or remote sensing field, this permanent, full-time role might be the perfect fit for you! The work is diverse, interesting, and engaging. You will be learning a technical topic AND developing client interactions AND project management skills. We think that this role will speak to you if you have an aptitude for new technology, enjoy being part of a team while working independently, have coding skills, are a strong communicator, have a passion for learning, and a strong interest in practical applications. You also genuinely enjoy building trusting relationships – with clients and with your colleagues!
We are a small, close-knit, and collaborative team that works in a hybrid remote/office mix, and that offers a great work environment, a competitive compensation package including a bonus structure and private medical health insurance.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will apply your advanced GIS skills to manage and analyse large geospatial datasets, prepare professional presentations and reports for our clients, and write scripts to improve workflow efficiency. This role requires excellent GIS, coding, writing, and communication skills. Reporting to our Technical Director (Vancouver), you will also be operating in collaboration with, and have the support of, the rest of the GIS team and our offices in Milan and Barcelona. You will use your strong interpersonal skills to foster solid and lasting relationships with our clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Liaising with the data processing team to understand InSAR data sets and ensure they meet required standards and client expectations
- Using your ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro skills to manage InSAR datasets, perform quality control procedures and tailor datasets to the needs of the end-users
- Writing clear professional presentations and reports that incorporate spatial data analysis and geographic information
- Preparing professional presentations to deliver our results to clients
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines while delivering on commitments to clients
- Building and maintaining strong, professional relationships with clients
- Advising and supporting clients on the use of our products
- Using your creativity and know how to improve our products and workflows
- Managing geospatial datasets that include geological data, optical imagery, and existing maps
- Supporting our Business Managers and sales and marketing teams by preparing materials, attending company booths at tradeshows, assisting on sales trips and client visits, attending technical conferences, and assisting in the preparation of tenders and proposals
Candidate Profile: What it is required
- At least 3 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro software
- Post-secondary education in Geology, Geomatics, Civil, Geotechnical or Mine Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Strong programming skills (Python, Matlab, SQL) with a demonstrated ability to automate work processes
- Knowledge of remote sensing
- Strong communication skills, including technical report writing, presentation skills and fluency in written/spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to manage client interactions and deliver client presentations
- Competency with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google Drive suites
The followings skills are an asset
- Geological background
- Knowledge of mining and/or oil & gas and/or civil engineering sectors
- Knowledge of mining (e.g. Vulcan) and/or oil & gas (e.g. Petrel, Landmark) industry software
- Knowledge of surveying techniques
- Knowledge of InSAR
- Knowledge of Project Management principles
- Knowledge of a second language (e.g., Italian, Spanish, French)
Critical Success Factors
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent technical report writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects while sticking to hard deadlines
- Ability to form strong professional relationships within a small diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to solve problems and find new solutions
- Ability to positively interact with clients, understand their needs, and solve their problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to travel within North America
To apply, send your cover letter and resume with GIS Analyst in the subject line. We will be accepting applications until August 31st, 2022. Only candidates who reside in and are legally able to work in Canada will be considered.
We thank all applicants in advance however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By clicking the apply button, you confirm that you have read and accepted the terms of TRE ALTAMIRA’s Data Protection Policy*