Published on March 16th, 2021. TRE ALTAMIRA, a global leader in satellite radar data processing, is looking for a researcher in the field of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applied to remote sensing data, in particular SAR images. We are looking for motivated candidates, who are not afraid of new challenges, strongly oriented towards scientific excellence, while not sacrificing human relationships.
The job location will be in Milan.
- Development of innovative AI-based products.
- Proactive support to the development and the validation of both statistical and machine learning. models based on Earth-Observation data.
- Collaboration with international partners in both the private industry and academia.
- MS.C (PhD will be highly considered) in Computer Science, Mathematical and/or Physics Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience (3+ years).
- Proven previous experience in AI-based product development preferably focused on remote sensing data.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong scripting and programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab, C/C++, etc.).
- Strong experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. CNN, LSTM, TG-LSTM, Support Vector Machines, Random Forests, etc.).
- Experience with data science frameworks (e.g. tensorflow, pytorch, scipy, numpy) and visualization frameworks (e.g. plotly, matplotlib).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructures, back-end/front-end development.
- Previous working experiences in image data processing and/or time series analysis.
- Good knowledge of the most common algorithms for image processing.
- Open to relocate to the Milan area.
- Knowledge of the Italian language.
- Excellent team-working capabilities even with colleagues from different research areas, cultures and educational backgrounds.
- Strong self-motivation, commitment and proactive approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously in rapidly changing environments.
- Curiosity and the ability to step outside your comfort zone.
By clicking the apply button, you confirm that you have read and accepted the terms of TRE ALTAMIRA’s Data Protection Policy*