Looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our expanding teams in Milano, Barcelona and Vancouver
Even when no open positions are available, we are interested in receiving submissions from experienced workers and graduates alike. If you think you can add value to our company, please send us your details, along with your CV.
at TRE ALTAMIRA, Milano/Barcelona offices
Published on 11th April 2018. TRE ALTAMIRA is looking for a permanent, full-time Processing Operator with an engineering technical background. The selected Candidate will join the team dedicated to SAR data processing.
This role requires a sound knowledge of SAR data processing, in particular conventional and advanced InSAR techniques, and good programming skills. Proactive attitude, excellent capability in problem solving and strong motivation is mandatory for this position. The Candidate will work in many different operational projects and will be asked to proactively propose strategies to improve data quality and the efficiency of production procedures.
The candidate will also work in a multidisciplinary and international environment, including signal processing engineers, geologists, software developers. For this reason, an excellent attitude to team working is mandatory.
- Process satellite SAR images with proprietary software (SqueeSAR™).
- Identify best processing strategies for each project, taking into account all factors that could affect the results.
- Liaising with the Post-processing team to create deliverables that respect the Company quality standards.
- Support Sales department providing technical consultancy
Education & Experience requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Telecommunications, Remote Sensing, Earth Observation Science or other related disciplines. A PhD related to InSAR technology is not mandatory but welcome.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge in InSAR technology
- Sound knowledge of Linux environment
- Good knowledge of MATLAB™ software
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- C level English knowledge (speaking and writing)
The followings skills are an asset:
- Knowledge of programming with GDAL library (Geospatial Data Abstraction Library)
- Knowledge of other programming software languages (e.g. Python)
- Familiarity with InSAR applications
- Knowledge of other image processing software (e.g.IDL)
- Basic Knowledge of inverse InSAR modeling
- Knowledge of an additional foreign language (e.g. Spanish, Italian, French)
If you’re up for the challenge, please submit your CV and a cover letter.
By clicking the apply button, you confirm that you have read and understood TRE ALTAMIRA’s Data Protection Policy*