Looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our expanding teams
TRE ALTAMIRA is a CLS group company with main offices in Milano (Italy), Barcelona (Spain) and Vancouver (Canada).
We bring together a multidisciplinary team with excellent knowledge of SAR and InSAR applications. Our core competence is radar imagery processing and we provide displacement measurements and mapping solutions that are used in a variety of sectors, including oil & gas, mining, civil engineering and geo hazards.
Even when no open positions are available, we are interested in receiving submissions from experienced workers and graduates alike. If you think you can add value to our company, please send us your details, along with your CV.
Mining Sales Manager
at TRE ALTAMIRA, Vancouver office
Published on September 25, 2018. Our downtown Vancouver office is looking for a permanent, full-time Sales Manager with an industry specific, geological or technical background to join our team. This position will make a valuable contribution to our organization’s success by building solid customer relationships, developing opportunities, and delivering compelling proposals to drive increased sales. The ideal candidate will have a background in the Mining and/or related sectors, and will be available for significant travel as required to support customer and opportunity development. The mandate of our Vancouver office is to provide InSAR services to the North American and Australian markets.
You don’t have to have experience with InSAR to succeed, but you do have to be a highly motivated individual, with a natural technical sales instinct and be customer-focused to foster solid and lasting relationships with our clients. You also genuinely enjoy building relationships – both with our clients and with us! As a small team, we all work together and support each other, and it’s important that you can too.
TRE ALTAMIRA offers a great work environment, a competitive compensation package, including a bonus structure, an extended health and dental plan and a RRSP program.
Reporting directly to our CEO, and operating in collaboration with the rest of the Sales Team, you will be:
- Identifying new leads, establishing new contacts and business relationships in the Mining sector
- Making appropriate sales trip to develop the Mining sector
- Preparing bids in response to RFPs and making unsolicited proposals within the sector
- Negotiating terms and conditions and closing contract with clients
- Liaising with new clients and maintaining existing clients within the agreed sales sectors; providing pre-sales and post-sales support
- Reviewing sales performance to ensure that sales targets are met
- Preparing and presenting technical and business papers at national and international trade shows, workshops and conferences
- Attending appropriate trade shows and exhibitions at which TRE ALTAMIRA should be visible and representing TRE ALTAMIRA at those shows; providing product education and advice
- Suggesting and giving input into the production of marketing materials
- Working in close cooperation with the entire TRE ALTAMIRA Group to foster information exchange regarding the sector and sharing technical and operational solutions with them
The Sales Manager will also engage in wider activities of the company by:
- Providing support to the CEO and to the operational efforts of the company
- Contributing ideas to improve the company’s overall service to customers
- Taking on other business sectors commensurate with the company needs
Education & Experience requirements
- Proven sales experience in Technical Sales, Mining and/or related sectors, at least 3 years plus is required
- Post-secondary education in Geology, Geomatics, Civil, Geotech, Engineering, or other related disciplines is required
- Knowledge of remote sensing is an asset
- Knowledge of InSAR is an asset
- Knowledge of a foreign language is an asset (e.g. Italian, Spanish, French)
- Knowledge of other ground deformation monitoring techniques (levelling, tiltmeters, etc.)
Critical Success Factor
- Entrepreneurial attitude: relentless at identifying and pursuing new market opportunities
- Ability to establish strong relationships with clients to foster repeat business, understand their needs and solve their problems quickly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills; able to use creative thinking to identify new applications for our technology, solve problems and find high-value solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities
- Excellent proposal writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to form strong professional relationships within a small, diverse team
- Enthusiasm for continued learning about InSAR and remote sensing
- Ability to travel extensively in North America and occasionally beyond
If you’re up for the challenge, please submit a resume and a cover letter using the apply button. Please note that we will be accepting applications until December 15, 2018. Only candidates who are legally able to work in Canada will be considered. We thank all applicants in advance, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By clicking the apply button, you confirm that you have read and accept the terms of TRE ALTAMIRA’s Data Protection Policy*